250 gr margarine
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup icing sugar (if you like sweeter cookies, you can increase to a cup)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 package (9gr.) vanilla
3 cups flour
3 middle size McIntosh Apples
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup walnut chips
- Start with soft margarine that is room temperature. Add in yogurt, icing sugar, vanilla and baking powder. Slowly add in flour to get a soft dough. Cover and set aside to rest.
- Peel apples and grade them. Put in a pot, add in sugar and cook until all the juice is gone. Add in walnuts and set aside to cool.
- Depending on the shape you want to use, roll out the dough and arrange the middle. In my case, I rolled it out to a rectangle on waxed paper, spread the filling all over. I rolled into a log making sure wax paper could be removed. I removed the waxed paper and moved it onto a cookie sheet.
- Cook at 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Let it cool completely
- Cut into shape, arrange on a plate and sprinkle generous amount of icing sugar.