I made this salad a couple of weeks ago for an end-of summer barbeque party. It received so many compliments that I made it again last weekend for a dinner party at my house. It is very easy to make. delicious and pleasing to the eye because it is so colourful. It doesn't have to accompany meals either, it makes for a great lunch.
1 cup peperini
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup oil
2.5 cup water
5-6 pickles (with garlic)
5-6 tablespoon peas (from canned)
5-6 tablespoon corn kernels (from canned)
1 Red pepper roasted
5-6 tablespoons chopped parsley
3 green onions chopped
1 lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoon pomegranate concentrate (optional)
- In a medium sized pot, fry the pasta in 1/4 cup oil until they turn light brown
- Add in water and salt
- Reduce heat and cook until pasta is soft. Be sure to stir occassionally to make sure it does not stick to the bottom.
- Set the cooked pasta aside to cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Roast a red pepper. I do this in my toaster oven. Wash and cut the pepper in half. Cook at 350 for 45 minutes. Let it cool. Once cooled, take off the skin and chop into small pieces
- Wash and chop the green onion
- Take the corn and green beans out of the cans and rinse in cold water
- Once everything is ready, mix them all together.
- Add in lemon juice, pomegranate concentrate and olive oil. Depending on your liking, you can add in more lemon juice and olive oil.
- Salt to your tast