1 package of puff pastry (please see picture of the package below)
2 cups (500 gr) milk
2 egg yolks
85 gr sugar
1/2 cup (60 gr.) corn starch
40 gr. butter
1 package vanilla
1 package dream whip
1/2 cup milk (60 gr)
To decorate: Icing sugar, Strawberries and Chocolate sauce (store bought version for ice cream topping)
- Roll out the puff pastry as thin as you can without breaking it
- Cut into equal sized rectangles (each will make a top and a bottom).
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake until golden brown
- Prepare the "cream" filling by mixing 2 cups milk, 2 egg yolks, 1/2 cup corn starch and 85 gr. sugar together and cook on medium heat until it thickens. If you get lumps, you can use a hand mixer to remove them. I found it cooks without any lumps if you continually mix it during cooking. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix a package of dream whip with 1/2 cup milk until it thickens and mix into the pudding.
- Put 1 layer of pastry, 1 tablespoon filling, 1 layer of pastry. Continue until your pastry is all done. I had a bit of filling left over. We ate it like a pudding.
- Decorate with icing sugar, strawberry and chocolate sauce like the picture
- Let it rest in the fridge for a couple of hours. Then enjoy!