1.5 cup orzo or very thin noodles.
3 cups water
1 small chicken breast (boiled or barbecued)
1 small can of corn
1 barbecued (or baked in the oven) red or yellow pepper
1 bunch green onions
1/2 cup thinly cut dill pickles
1/2 chopped bunch parsley
1/2 bunch chopped dill
1 lemon juice
1 tablespoon sumac
1/4 cup olive oil
Optional: pickle juice and pomegranate concentrate
- Boil or barbecue the chicken breast and set aside to cool enough to handle
- Bake or barbecue the pepper. Take the skins off when it is cool enough to handle. Chop small.
- In a pot, lightly brown orzo in olive oil
- Pour the water on the orzo cover and cook at reduced heat until soft stirring occasionally (just like rice). Be sure all the water is gone.
- Drain and rinse the corn
- Wash and chop parsley, dill and green onions
- "rip" by hand or cut chicken into small pieces
- Mix all your ingredients together
- Add salt, lemon juice
- Add pomegranate juice and pickle juice to your liking.