1 cup dried chick peas
200 gr. stewing beef
2 medium sized onions
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 table spoon tomato paste
1/2 table spoon red pepper paste (optionally choose spicy)
Salt and pepper
- Soak the dried chick peas in plenty of water overnight.
- The next day, if you are not using a pressure cooker, you will need to boil the chick peas in a pot and enough water to cover the chick peas to soften them first and drain.
- If you are using canned peas, you can skip the previous steps. Just drain and wash the chick peas. Also, you'll need to cook the meat before you add in canned chick peas to avoid them turning to mush.
- Put chopped onions into a pot with olive oil. Add in the stewing beef and stir fry a little. Cover and reduce heat and cook until the meat is soft
- Add in chick peas, tomato paste, pepper paste, salt and pepper. Add in boiled water
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes
- Serve with sticky rice or bread (juice is really good for dunking)