Wednesday, February 9, 2011

WIENER AND BEANER CASSEROLE

Because I was a working mom, my girls went to daycare when they were little.  We picked their daycare with special care after visiting many.  We managed to pick a daycare they adored with many wonderful friendships, caring teachers and one that served them hot meals.  This particular dish was one of their favorites at the daycare.  Since our home cooked meals are mainly Turkish, eating wieners and beaners ended for them at the same time the daycare ended.  The other day, they were reminiscing about this dish.  I had never made it before.  So, I decided to look for a recipe for a surprise.  They are not kids any more but they ate it all up real quick remembering and telling stories from the daycare centre.  They said it tasted just like they remembered it.  My husband and I enjoyed it too.  I will certainly make it again.

2 cans Heinz Beans in tomato sauce
10 hot dogs
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/3 cup ketchup
1 package Lipton onion soup (dry)
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
  • Cut up the hot dogs bite size
  • Mix all of the ingredients together and add to cut up hot dogs
  • Put into a small baking pan
  • Preheat oven 350 degrees
  • Cook for 1 hour (uncovered)

No comments:

Post a Comment