Saturday, December 1, 2012

KALE SALAD WITH ALMONDS

This is my first introduction to Kale.  Needless to say, I am just learning how healthy it is for you.  It not only has vitamins K, C, A but it also has calcium, magnesium, and more.  I chose this simple recipe for my introduction and fell in love with it.  I guarantee a Kale salad will be my lunch at least for the next couple of weeks for sure.  Why for 2 weeks you ask.. because I plan to lose a couple of pounds just before Christmas so I can eat all the goodies and gain it all back before new years.  I will then go back on my diet to lose some more :-)  Joking aside, it will give me the opportunity to try other interesting salad recipes.


2 cups washed, dried Kale
1 or 2 hard boiled egg
1 medium sized carrot, graded
1/3 cup graded Parmesan
1/3 cup almonds

Sauce:
3-4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
Sea salt
  • Wash and dry the Kale
  • Cut out the hard roots in the middle and thinly chop the leaves
  • Hard boil the egg and cut up lengthwise into 6 pieces for each
  • Mix together Kale, 2/3 of graded carrot, graded Parmesan and almonds
  • Top with remaining graded carrots, graded Parmesan cheese, almonds and sliced eggs
  • Prepare sauce by mixing all the ingredients and making sure the salt is melted
  • Add the dressing just before you serve the salad
  • Don't forget to praise yourself for making such a healthy salad and Enjoy!
Here is a picture of Kale:

2 comments:

  1. I had kale for the first time a couple weeks ago, and it wasn't as bad as i thought. I make a white bean and kale stew with it. It is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. White beans and kale stew does sound delicious. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete