Wednesday, January 23, 2013

RED CABBAGE SALAD WITH TAHINI SAUCE

The recipe here is just a guideline really.  You can change the measurements to your liking.  I saw it in a
magazine.  I was attracted to it because of the presentation and the colors but also because of the sauce.  I'd never tried tahini in a salad before.  I would highly recommend it.  I did make some modifications such as adding a lot more lemon juice (1 whole lemon juice) simply because I like my lots of lemon juice in my salads.  You'll also notice, I didn't give measurement for lettuce.  Add as much as you like.  Red cabbage is full of good nutrients.  It is also very good if you are on a diet.  Extremely filling!!!

1/2 red cabbage
1/2 pomegranate
Lettuce
1 mid sized carrot
Optional: Raw almonds or candied walnuts
Sauce:
3 tablespoons tahini
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon vinegar
  • Cut red cabbage any size you like.  Coleslaw-like chops are really good too.  As you can see in the picture, I cut them a little bit thick.  Then wash, drain and  dry.
  • Wash lettuce, dry and chop them
  • Peel the carrot and grade them
  • Prepare the sauce by simply mixing all the ingredients together
  • Mix all the vegetables and the sauce together
  • Sprinkle pomegranate and almonds on top

No comments:

Post a Comment